free website stats program Stiff Clutch | Harley Davidson Forums

Stiff Clutch

Curveball

Banned
Hey boys and gurls,
The wifes been complaining about clutch hand gettin tired.
So, I changed all 3 holes ('02 Dyna Lowrider), adjusted clutch lubed all cables and adjusted the clutch cable.
It still is pretty hard to pull.
I seem to remember reading about a lever or bracket attached to the cable to help fix this but I can't find it again.
Any help would be appreciated

a buddy had the same problem on a 89 springer. seems to me he installed a power clutch (i will see if i can find it)

When doing the clutch adjustment after the installation of the EZ clutch, the adjustment is just a bit more sensitive because of the lesser throw of the actuator .
You shouldn't make the adjustment in the primary area any more than 1/2 turn out after lightly seating the pushrod adjuster otherwise you may not get full separation of the plates.

I run the EZ clutch in all the bikes I have had and it works as advertised. I used a scale attached to the clutch lever and after a before and after measurement, it took off about 3-4 LBS of clutch pull. It may not sound like much but in stop and go traffic you will see the difference then.

When doing the clutch adjustment after the installation of the EZ clutch, the adjustment is just a bit more sensitive because of the lesser throw of the actuator .
You shouldn't make the adjustment in the primary area any more than 1/2 turn out after lightly seating the pushrod adjuster otherwise you may not get full separation of the plates.

I run the EZ clutch in all the bikes I have had and it works as advertised. I used a scale attached to the clutch lever and after a before and after measurement, it took off about 3-4 LBS of clutch pull. It may not sound like much but in stop and go traffic you will see the difference then.

Thanks, I'm gonna get right on it....can't have the bride complainin now, can I ?

Back