free website stats program Sticker Picker | Harley Davidson Forums

Sticker Picker

sworrub

I have just fitted a set of saddlebag guards on my street glide, at the top of each guard is a warning sticker, informative they may be but has anybody got any advice on how to remove them without having to pick them off bit by bit?:bigsmiley30:

I have just fitted a set of saddlebag guards on my street glide, at the top of each guard is a warning sticker, informative they may be but has anybody got any advice on how to remove them without having to pick them off bit by bit?:bigsmiley30:

rub some liquid fabric softner ( Yep the same stuff used in the washing machine) on them , let stay on there for a bit then wipe it off. After that, take some Pledge and wipe down the(both) entire guard.

Most times those stickers can be heated a bit with a blow drier and peeled right off clean.

Lighter fluid will soften them up and remove all the glue also. Works great.

I will have to try the ones Listed here I Did Not Try.....

I Peeled-Off the sticker label on the Football Air cleaner Cover and it Left on Most of the dull sticky but Persistent gooey stuff.... I tried goo-gone, finger nail polish remover,,,, That took off Some but not all off... I will try All again along with the other ways mentioned here AND Report Back.....

Looked better before, with that label than the Splotchy-gookey stuff..

signed....BUBBIE

I Peeled-Off the sticker label on the Football Air cleaner Cover and it Left on Most of the dull sticky but Persistent gooey stuff.... I tried goo-gone, finger nail polish remover,,,, That took off Some but not all off... I will try All again along with the other ways mentioned here AND Report Back.....

signed....BUBBIE

In this sort of situation i would just use some paint thinner i always have some in the bike shed and its great for cleaning sticky stuff off lighter fluid can work as well but its just a refined petrolium spirit and you may find that your gas tank is full of petrolium spirit so im sure yo will have some suitable cleaner there

Brian

get some of wife's cooking oil, olive works good, I also heard that peanut butter works. havn't tried the pb but used the oil before.

signed....BUBBIE

WD-40 and some elbow grease. I did the same thing two weeks ago...pulled the sticker off the air cleaner and had to get the gooey stuff off. I used the WD-40, a rag, my fingernail, and lots of elbow grease. It was kinda a pain in the rearend, but I got it all off and it looks great now.

Jason

Back