free website stats program Stereo systems | Harley Davidson Forums

Stereo systems

zipcode92683

:unsureWhat do I need to look for if I want to change the head unit on my 09 road glide? I would like to go with a Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, etc. instead of the factory unit ( I really hate the red glow at night ). Will I still be able to use the handlebar controls for volume and changing the stations? Will it impact any of the other systems on the bike? Please Help!:unsure

I would recomend a Sony as it is a direct plug-in for the HD wiring harness. I installed a Sony marine grade head set and have not looked back. All my stock hand controls work as well as being able to use USB 1-wire which allows you to connect, control and charge your iPhone, iPod and Walkman MP3 player. In addition to being satellite radio and HD Radio ready, you can play your CDs loaded with MP3, WMA or AAC songs. Plus, searching for songs is a snap thanks Quick-BrowZer with jump mode and Zappin technology. Plus, a flip-down, detachable faceplate, coated circuit board and UV-resistant paint helps keep this radio protected from the elements.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

I would recomend a Sony as it is a direct plug-in for the HD wiring harness. I installed a Sony marine grade head set and have not looked back.

Someone's going to ask eventually so it might as well be me.

How much $$$ did this set up run you?

The cost is about 400 to 550 all depends on the radio you use . That includes radio and module so you can use the stock hand controls .

I would recomend a Sony as it is a direct plug-in for the HD wiring harness. I installed a Sony marine grade head set and have not looked back. All my stock hand controls work as well as being able to use USB 1-wire which allows you to connect, control and charge your iPhone, iPod and Walkman MP3 player. In addition to being satellite radio and HD Radio ready, you can play your CDs loaded with MP3, WMA or AAC songs. Plus, searching for songs is a snap thanks Quick-BrowZer with jump mode and Zappin technology. Plus, a flip-down, detachable faceplate, coated circuit board and UV-resistant paint helps keep this radio protected from the elements.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Did you need the Biketronics adapter or did the Sony plug right in? Which Sony model did you get? Does it have front, rear speaker and base outputs?

I used the Biketronics adapter with a Sony Bluetooth head unit. It works with all the factory controls with no problems so far. I use my Bluetooth function on my iPhone to stream all my music to the head unit. And if you have a decent signal and internet service on your phone you can even stream live internet radio over the system.
It also has the capability of using the hands free phone but with the mic for the radio behind the faceplate it has never worked for me ( I can hear them, they can't hear me).

What feature on the bike did you lose. I have a 99 ultra that i need to rplace the radio on. Both of the front channels are blown and if i remove tour pack, i have no radio. I understand that i will not have a c/b or intercom, but never use those, so oh well. Will it affect anything else? Turn signal canceling, cruise control, turbocharger?

Slapp...

Can you let us know what model Sony you went with as well as throw a pix on here so we can see what it looks like...

Thank!

Back