free website stats program steering | Harley Davidson Forums

steering

gotta go walt

I need some help. I have a problem with the steering when I am decelerating and get down to about 35mph I :leroget a bad shack in the handle bars.some one out their is going to say dont remove your hands.But their is a problem my front tire is good bearings seem to be tight does anyone have any input.

gotta go Walt

How about some more info like mileage on the tire and brand of tire, inflation pressure etc?

Thank you for the reply. the bike is a 1995 tour glide ultra clascic. The bike itself has 68,000 miles the front tire about 7,000 miles. The bike has never been down.

Thank you Gotta go Walt

have you done anything to the bike, like lowering kits or air shocks? dose it do it always or only when your loaded down ?

I need some help. I have a problem with the steering when I am decelerating and get down to about 35mph I :leroget a bad shack in the handle bars.some one out their is going to say dont remove your hands.But their is a problem my front tire is good bearings seem to be tight does anyone have any input.

gotta go Walt

"Bearings seem to be tight" is not a good indicator.
You need a dial indicator to check for run out. Check the manual for max deflection.

The same applies to tires. A dial indicator will show if a tire is out of round or if the sidewalls are distorted.

Tire weights were already mentioned

Check the end caps on the front fork that holds the front axle. Check the manual for correct torque.

Check the neck bearings for clunks or noise when turning

At first just loading down know if I have the cruz on and running at what ever speed i and let go of the steering it will do it thank you for the responce

gotta go walt

Back