free website stats program steering real easy | Harley Davidson Forums

steering real easy

fattyboy

Hi,All i have a 2001 road king.the steering is real easy.Its like i hit a bump and i have to keep the bars real tight to keep it from turning.or going into a front end steering shimmy. Its hard to explain.my partner has a 02 roadking and the steering is alot stiffer and i have road other bikes and they to are alot stiffer.Any Ideas!! Thanks.

Thanks Glider,I have ck.tire pressure but not the fall away its got 15,000 never had bearings packed or adjusted,could this be the proublum.

You can grease the bearings through the grease nipple on the neck. If the front end isn't set up right it could give you a loose feel.

Do you have the stock wheels and tires on the bike? The reason I ask is if you have either a larger diameter tire/wheel assembly on the rear and/or a smaller tire/wheel assembly on the front that would decrease the caster angle of the steering geometry and possibly cause the same issue you describe.

No iam runnung a 21 on front and a 16 on the back both metzlers,but i had this problium before i switched tire size. It has always done this,i didnt no any better until i rode other peoples bikes.

Back