free website stats program Stator issues on 07 FLT | Harley Davidson Forums

Stator issues on 07 FLT

I have an 2007 Road Glide with 19K miles. The other night I get a check engine light and a battery light. My local HD shop says I need a stator and a regulator. $750 dollar estimate. Is this common at 19K?

I've had several bikes prior and never any issues such as this. I run this bike stock. No exhaust upgrades, no motor upgrades. Also, would anyone have an idea what causes the stator to go bad. Thanks for any input!

Sorry I can not help you with your problem. I do feel for you as I have a 07 myself and I would be really upset if that happened to me at 19k. These bike are way to expensive to have something that major go wrong so soon.

Thanks for the info Glider. The regulator and stator are $350 so I guess for $400 I'm getting shop knowledge, fluid, seal, etc.. and the always mystery charge of shop supplies. I always assumed shop supplies should be included in the cost of labor. Sort of like Kroger gives you the bag when you buy the groceries but that's a whole different thread.

I'm willing to attempt the repair I just hope I get it right.

Any idea what could cause the stator to go bad? I just started using a tender about one month ago but I have a difficult time believing they (stator problem and tender) are connected.

Myself i would check it out first to see does it really need the Stator/Regulator .. the battery tendor should have nothing to do with it

Last edited:
Could be a number of things that cause the demise of the stator or regulator. Overheating, overworking are just a few. Always change both when you do either one or you run the risk of damaging the new part and they usually fail not too much later on anyway.

Back