free website stats program State HOG Rallies Worth Attending? | Harley Davidson Forums

State HOG Rallies Worth Attending?

Dr. Dolittle

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
I'm having to try to plan out my vacations through March of 2012. Daughters are both old enough that Spring Breaks and even summertime aren't as big a factor as they used to be. Thinking about expanding my motorcycle rally attendance beyond Biketoberfest, which I've gone to for 3 years now.

Living just north of Atlanta, I have the advantage that a lot of state HOG rallies would be an easy day's ride away. I've never had the chance to attend one yet. Are they similar to a big rally like Biketoberfest only scaled down? Do they still have a variety of live music and vendors? Planned rides? Do you have to be a member of a specific chapter or is a general HOG membership god enough? Is it a big deal to live in one state and attend another state's rally or is that not even a factor?

I know - lots of dumb questions but I'm real curious.

I'm having to try to plan out my vacations through March of 2012. Daughters are both old enough that Spring Breaks and even summertime aren't as big a factor as they used to be. Thinking about expanding my motorcycle rally attendance beyond Biketoberfest, which I've gone to for 3 years now.

Living just north of Atlanta, I have the advantage that a lot of state HOG rallies would be an easy day's ride away. I've never had the chance to attend one yet. Are they similar to a big rally like Biketoberfest only scaled down? Do they still have a variety of live music and vendors? Planned rides? Do you have to be a member of a specific chapter or is a general HOG membership god enough? Is it a big deal to live in one state and attend another state's rally or is that not even a factor?

I know - lots of dumb questions but I'm real curious.

Doc, the fall Tomahawk rally is alot of fun and great riding if the weather is good. But it is the fall so there is always the chance for less than perfect.
another is the Wisconsin rally during labor day. All the dealers in town along with the Harley plants have doings and the weather is much nicer.Downtown Milwaukee even shuts down some streets and lets the party happen with free music and of course all the local pubs are filled to the brim for those that like a cocktail or two. Lots to do and see during the 4 days.

The state rallies I have been to were very good. They had entertainment, activities, and planned rides. A lot of it is what you put into it.

How about a summer ride to the HD museum and plan it for when they have one of the many events going on.

Smitty, the museum is definitely on my short list of things yet to do. This year's Wisconsin HOG event is scheduled for Two Rivers - looks like a pretty area.

Doc, lots of state rallies require pre registration, you can probably get a heads up from the Hog web site or the Hog magazine are you still a member?:s

For the HOG rallies I've attended, all HD riders are welcomed. You only need a HOG purchased bracelet to attend HOG specific venues, like the concerts, etc. You have to be a HOG member to be able to purchase the bracelet, and each member can purchase only 1 for a guest. I will state that I no longer purchase the bracelets and get to do nearly every thing I want related to the rallies. I will buy bracelets if the concert is someone I want to see/hear. Note that normally with early purchased bracelets you will many times get a t-shirt and rally pin as well.

Smitty, the museum is definitely on my short list of things yet to do. This year's Wisconsin HOG event is scheduled for Two Rivers - looks like a pretty area.

Doc it is a great area. The ride along the lake in the summer time is awesome and it is always a bit cooler so the scoot runs better. Take in the northern Kettle Maraine area it is a beautiful ride.

If you would love to combine motorcycling, emerald green clear water and sugary white sand all at low prices then the Florida State Rally at Destin, FL is the one. It is off season and they are begging for customers.

The wife and I did 2 out of stat rallys this past year. I did almost 1000 miles each way to the Delaware/Maryland raly and it was so small and disapointing that I doubt I would ever go there again. We also went to the Michigan rally and had a great time at that one. It seamed better going with a group that you know. Next year we will do the Wisc. one and and also the Ill one in Rockford.

If you would love to combine motorcycling, emerald green clear water and sugary white sand all at low prices then the Florida State Rally at Destin, FL is the one. It is off season and they are begging for customers.

It's on my short list since it's so close. Maybe I'll see you there!

Back