free website stats program Starting Ultra mods | Harley Davidson Forums

Starting Ultra mods

mlrc10

My new Cobra Tri-ovals just arrived .I will be ordering a Dobeck TFI in the next day or 2.If I put the slip-ons on ,how much leaner will it run .I want to hear the new pipes but I don't want to take a chance of burning a piston or causeing other damage if its a week or 10 days before I get the tuner .What do ya think?

My new Cobra Tri-ovals just arrived .I will be ordering a Dobeck TFI in the next day or 2.If I put the slip-ons on ,how much leaner will it run .I want to hear the new pipes but I don't want to take a chance of burning a piston or causeing other damage if its a week or 10 days before I get the tuner .What do ya think?

JMO - You'll be fine with just the slips. After the TFI / Gen (3) you can go ahead and think about a different A/C if you dont have one now. BTW - Does your '10 Ultra have the cat in the header pipe?

JMO - You'll be fine with just the slips. After the TFI / Gen (3) you can go ahead and think about a different A/C if you dont have one now. BTW - Does your '10 Ultra have the cat in the header pipe?

I second R. Lewis advice. The only problem you might have is lower MPG do to the lack of control of right wrist making noise..:)

You will be fine until you get your TFI installed ride it and enjoy:s

I couldn't stand it and I put them on last night. LOVE THEM . Great rumble but not ear splitting .They look cool too. Yeah the right wrist thing was a little problem today LOL . I'm leaning towards the low profile SE air breather .

Sorry R. Lewis I skipped over your question ,yes all the touring models have cats in the head pipe ...starting in 2010 . I've got an Indy looking for a set of pull-offs from a 09 or a 10 that I can get on the cheap.The 09's won't have the cats but the 0 2 sensor is different ,but that won't matter because I'm putting the TFI on and you plug them .If I get 10 models I'll cut the cat out and weld them back up .That way I'll always have my stock pipes if I need them.

Back