free website stats program Starting problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Starting problems

Thetileman

2002 Roadking injected. 18,000 miles. when I try to start the solenoid will kick in but engine will not turn over. 13.4 at battery will drop to 6.0 when I try to start. 13.4 at starter. Removed plugs thinking it could be vapor locked (Leaking injector) but all was fine. Would turn over without plugs but not normal (slower than usual). Cleaned terminals at battery and cable ends. Tested battery with load and its good. I can put jumper box on and it will turn but slow (not fast enough to start). I need help!! Thank you.

Can you check the amperage draw at the starter? If I remember correctly it should be drawing between 80-140 amps. If it is on the high side of that the starter is either going to be needing to be replaced or rebuilt

2002 Roadking injected. 18,000 miles. when I try to start the solenoid will kick in but engine will not turn over. 13.4 at battery will drop to 6.0 when I try to start. 13.4 at starter. Removed plugs thinking it could be vapor locked (Leaking injector) but all was fine. Would turn over without plugs but not normal (slower than usual). Cleaned terminals at battery and cable ends. Tested battery with load and its good. I can put jumper box on and it will turn but slow (not fast enough to start). I need help!! Thank you.
So hard to tell. The starter is jumping in and out. Best I can tell its 150 to 200.

Back