free website stats program starting problem | Harley Davidson Forums

starting problem

memmer

i have an 08 XL1200L, when i try to start it , it clicks and loses all power like it throws a breaker. after a time it will reset, i have checked wires and ground they seem good and secure. the battery is new.

Welcome to the forum. Put a multimeter across the battery terminals and read the standing voltage. Push start button while reading the voltage. Report back with the findings.

Welcome to The Forum, as Bodeen suggests check the voltage and check back in, never assume a NEW battery to be good until you check it out fully. Up til replacing the battery was your bike starting OK?

memmer,

I'll wait to see What you found... The I will try to help.. Good advice above...

Re check the cleanliness of the battery wires to the bat post, and Ground wire (both ends, bat. and frame).

signed....BUBBIE

You need redline oil :lolrolling

That is NOT a bad response,,, com'n from You:D it actually IS a good one...

Beats putting one oil in all three holes on the Big bikes answer WE usually see here....:newsmile059:

The Sport takes oil in Two places.... I'd suggest Formula + by HD in the Primary/tranny portion and the Redline 20/50 in the motor.

Just Say'n

signed....BUBBIE

Back