free website stats program Starting a new adventure | Harley Davidson Forums

Starting a new adventure

BlinkerBlu

Well I rec'd my copy of Fix My Hog, Toruing Edition and I think I'm ready to tackle some of the more simple wrenching on my Ultra. Use to change the oils on my Wing all the time. How does this sound for my lubs.

1. Trans: Spectro 75w40 or Mobil 1 gear oil 75/140.

2. Eng: M1 V Twin 20/50

3. Primary: Formula + 10-30 or 10-40 without friction modifiers.

Is this a good enough combination of Lubs ? I took most of the information Glider posted. I feel I couldn't go wrong.

I just did Spectro in the tranny and Mobil One in the motor yesterday. HD Syn3 going in the primary next. Shifting is already quieter and smoother with the Spectro. Glider won't steer you wrong!!

Well I rec'd my copy of Fix My Hog, Toruing Edition and I think I'm ready to tackle some of the more simple wrenching on my Ultra. Use to change the oils on my Wing all the time. How does this sound for my lubs.

2. Eng: M1 V Twin 20/50

3. Primary: Formula + 10-30 or 10-40 without friction modifiers.

Is this a good enough combination of Lubs ? I took most of the information Glider posted. I feel I couldn't go wrong.

Thanks for that. I only pass on what I finds works well without all the hype. No advertising for anything unless I see it works and works well.
Good combination in any event.:s

I just did Spectro in the tranny and Mobil One in the motor yesterday. HD Syn3 going in the primary next. Shifting is already quieter and smoother with the Spectro. Glider won't steer you wrong!!

Thanks Doc, I try real hard to get the facts straight and pass on what I can to help out.

Should this not read 1. Trans: Spectro 75w 140

Sorry guys but I get very anal but details

Must be missing something. Are we going back to Syn3 in the primary? Referring to DR.Doolittle.

Last edited:

Should this not read 1. Trans: Spectro 75w 140

Sorry guys but I get very anal but details

"Sorry guys but I get very anal but details"

Should this not read ::: Sorry guys but I get very anal about details

Just givin' ya some doo-doo there dangerdan!!!!! nothing meant by it!!! :D

Back