free website stats program Starter solenoid removal for 05 FLTHpi | Harley Davidson Forums

Starter solenoid removal for 05 FLTHpi

CRCKR

Hi all,
I know that I need to drain and open the crank case to replace a starter but can I pop the solenoid out on its own without going though all of this? I have a rebuild kit and I'm trying to save the whole ordeal (especially since I just put brand new synthetic and don't want to try to save it and pump it back in.

Man, I miss my old kickers. Time to hunt for some basket cases.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Yes you can, it may be tight quarters to remove, disconnect the battery first, if you have a solenoid repair kit you should have a new gasket be sure to use it and lube the shaft with some lubriplate or a lght grease
HD05FLHR014.gif
have a look here

Yes you can, it may be tight quarters to remove, disconnect the battery first, if you have a solenoid repair kit you should have a new gasket be sure to use it and lube the shaft with some lubriplate or a lght grease
HD05FLHR014.gif
have a look here

Thanks man! That saves me a lot of hassle! Rebuild kit is on the way with gasket included. (So is an HD Service Manual , ordered yesterday from the dealership.)

I appreciate your answer and the words of advice! The rebuild kit is on route and yesterday I called the dealership and ordered a brand new shiny HD Service Manual too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man! That saves me a lot of hassle! Rebuild kit is on the way with gasket included. (So is an HD Service Manual , ordered yesterday from the dealership.)

I appreciate your answer and the words of advice! The rebuild kit is on route and yesterday I called the dealership and ordered a brand new shiny HD Service Manual too.

Good deal, let us know how it turns out, The manual is invaluable:s

Took the day off and took care of it. That was a (EDIT) but she is up and runnin' again. Super happy that the starter didn't need to be replaced. Plus I get to do most of it over again because I need to replace some gaskets. Still, all in all, solenoid rebuild kit for less than $14 for the rebuild kit and a new quart of oil plus a few hours of work to get riding again is a steal! She is my daily driver come rain or shine (no cage or truck) so as long as I am mobile I am stoked.

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back