free website stats program Started to the West Coast | Harley Davidson Forums

Started to the West Coast

jaceddie

Well, we got going yesterday on a beautiful day in the 80's. Didn't leave until 1:30 in the afternoon and made a little more than 300 miles. We are in a little town called Franklin, Ky just north of Nashville, Tn. Got up this morning to bad weather, lightning and a chance of a tornado. Not good riding weather, for sure. Plan on checking the weather every so often to see if we can get the 38 miles or so to Nashville, because the weather is going to be like this for 2 days. Franklin is very small, so there's nothing to do, and Nashville is hoppin'. Will try and keep this going while we travel, but I'm relying on computers at hotels, so will update this as often as I can.

I live in Clarksville, about 40 miles north west of Nashville. The weather gods are not smiling on you for this weekend. Best to find a place you like and enjoy the town for a couple of days, plenty to do there.

I'll wave when you get here. I think the rain is about over here. Strange spring this year. Can't remember rain this late in the year. My dream trip is 180 degrees out from yours, I'd like to ride to Maine/Vermont, etc.
WAP.gif

Enjoy the trip, there will be good weather when you get to California...it can get cold at night, but the daytime is beautiful with the spring rains having helped us here climb out of some of the drought conditions...green is good.

Raining cats & dogs in Tennessee , many roads are flooded in Western part.Have a safe trip.

At lunch time they were rescuing people off I 40 by boat in Nashville. I hope you are well. Good luck on the rest of your Trip!

Floods?...Don't worry.

When we were kids my buddy's uncle said HD had fat tires so they could float.

We believed him!

have fun, post pics, be safe ,sunday morn rain here bike getting washed in work parking lot. they say sun comming out soon''''''

Back