free website stats program Stand | Harley Davidson Forums

Stand

I've had good luck with the Sears (and Roebuck) red jack so far. Found mine used online at craigslist.org . Saw a used lift table recently for $350.00, wish I had room for that!

I have the yellow one from Harbor Freight. It gets the job done and is relatively inexpensive. However, There are times I wish I would have paid the extra money for the J&S Lift. The J&S is one of the best on the market from what I have seen. All you need to do is watch their video and you will be convinced. By the way that video has been backed up as factual by several members of this forum so it's not just a sales gimmick. Go to Motorcycle Lifts Large Variety of Compatible Motorcycle Lift for Bikers by JS Jacks to check it out for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have considered getting a wheel chock but most of them require securing to the concrete. Do you have to bolt that one down or can you just ride the bike up. I would rather not drill into my garage floor.

No, bolting necessary. Just throw it down where you need it, drive in and get off. Having said that, If I were using it for transport stability, I would mount it.

That chock is nice! How does it grip the front wheel? Do you have to fine tune it for your front wheel....Fat Boy vs Wide Glide kind of thing.

The chock comes as a fat wheel chock and you can get the skinny wheel adapter for it to hold the non FL wheels. No fine tuning needed. Drive in and get off.

It is very handy for detailing, washing and I use it for oil changes too. I do own a lift but I use this quite a bit. J&S are great to deal with. Great support, and made in the USA!

Bodeen

If you are looking a jack, I swear by my J&S jack. I bought the jack, oil drain pan and t-handle package that they offer. It seemed pricey at first, but I use the jack in my garage after every ride to turn my bike around 180*. It saves a lot of hassle. The stability under my Road King allows me to work with confidence.

After a couple of oil changes and engine modifications, it has more than paid for itself (offsetting the dealer costs).

The customer service at J&S is first rate. With the lifetime warranty on the frame, this will be the last bike lift you will have to buy.

Back