free website stats program stalling | Harley Davidson Forums

stalling

softail00

My bike will bog out when I come to a stop I have to keep reving the throttle so it wont stall. I have noticed if I keep the enricher lever up just a little it will not do this. Is it bad to to this? I have also noticed a decel pop since the bike has been adjusted. Are all these problems carb related. My mechanic says it is not he seems to think we are adjusting the carb to the problem and he would have to look into it futher. So it is $100 for the last wasted adjustment and will be more if I take it there for something else. Any guesses what it may be. Bike runs good but feels like it lacking alittle power.
2000 FLSTC SS carb

Has the petcock screen been cleaned? what S&S Carb E, G ?

Did he check for a Intake leak?

Last edited by a moderator:
I cleaned the screen well when I took the tank off to paint it . How can I tell what type of carb it is?

you mentioned decel popping since the adjustment. Was the bike adjust because of the problem? If running the enrichener a little make it run better then I would "yes" its carb related. It may not be an "adjustment" but like VT said could be an intake leak, clogged pilot jet, dirty fuel filter or screen, etc.

How can I tell what type of carb it is?

If it looks like this, it's a CV carb (stock for the bike)

CVlinkage.jpg

Try to spray wd-40 when it is fairly cold with the red straw at the intake(s) and listen for a different sound , if there is a leak it will be very noticeable

Back