free website stats program Stalling after stopping | Harley Davidson Forums

Stalling after stopping

nascar7613

2014 Street Bob, totally stock, no high flow, stock exhaust, no fuel management device, ect. The bike starts fine and runs fine until I roll up to a stop, then the RPMs drop to 700 or so then it stalls. Starts right back up and runs fine. Happens every time I stop. I have cleaned the IAC passage, unplugged the ECM, IAC motor, IAT sensor, TPS, connectors are clean, no pin outs, checked the fuel pressure, stays right around 60psi, doesn't leak down.

If you've already cleaned the IAC passage, I suspect that the IAC controller itself is bad. I may have the procedure for checking it electrically. I'll dig around and update if I find it.

A remote possibility but I had the same issue for awhile with my '07 Dyna. Hard acceleration then hard braking, happened first on the Blue Ridge Parkway as I left one overlook and the next one came up quickly. Seems the fuel injection gets out of whack for a few seconds but was OK on restart. Problem sorted itself out once I eased off.

Something to think about. If not an issue, then I agree with the IAC suggestions.

You got fuel injection? If so, you might have a wear hole in your fuel supply line, inside the tank. This can be detected with a fuel pressure test, between the tank and injectors. It is pretty common.

Rich P

I have checked the fuel pressure, steady 60 psi and doesn't bleed down for awhile. I've checked everything i can think of, I guess it's time to take it to the dealer where they have the harnesses and break out boxes to check each component. We tried, thank you all!

Next check: a good wiggle test of the wires to your fuel injectors. At low rpm, the engine vibrates more. A wire broken inside the insulation will make contact sometimes and sometimes not. One indication would be if the problem worsens when the engine is up to full temperature. The insulation softens, making the wire break more mobile. This would not throw a code until it gets really bad.

Just a thought...

Good luck,
Rich P

Any update on this stall problem?
My 2 things ( cents if I had any to spare )
Dirty or failing crank sensor, and IAC
Sometimes glitches won't set a code.
But even water in the fuel will cause stalling.

Back