free website stats program Stainless Steel Rear Fender Trim???? | Harley Davidson Forums

Stainless Steel Rear Fender Trim????

427SOHC

I am looking for some chrome trim to put on my Heritage that fits in the rear splash guard. I was thinking about using Kuryakyn's, but I also found some on eBay. Since I am new, I can't post a link, but this is the title of the item in eBay - "MIRROR" polished Stainless Steel Rear Fender Trim
For 2008-2011 Harley - Heritage, Deluxe and Standard

My question is this, has anybody used this product before? If so, were they a good product or cheap? Any feed back would be helpful before I purchase something, Thanks!!

Thank you for posting the link Dr. I appreciate it! Since no one else has responded yet, would you tell me your opinion of those pieces of trim. I can't decide if I want those or Kuryakyn's. IMO I think the polished stainless should outlast the chrome, and I kind of like the slots cut into the plates rather than the solid pressed plates Kuryakyn has. What do you think?
And thanks again!

JMHO but I think it looks a bit "excessive" and I like chrome too.It also looks like it replaces the inner fender panel completely or am I mistaken and it's just shown like that to demonstrate?

It's just shown like that to demonstrate. I called them and they said it was two pieces of stainless that adhere to the plastic splash and only takes about 15 minutes to install. So you think that putting anything there is too much?

That would depend on the owners preference but to me it does look a bit overdone. I would have to see it in person on a bike to determine further.

Picturing it on my past Deuce, I don't think it would work for me but it's a little different setup..

I certainly appreciate your thoughts and will take them into consideration! It looks like the link changed.
If anyone else would give me their thoughts I would be real grateful!

I certainly appreciate your thoughts and will take them into consideration! It looks like the link changed.

It's no longer available, that's why the link changed.

Since you asked. :p My opinion is that some areas do not need to draw your eyes. Kind of the less busy look gives a better overall effect.

Back