free website stats program stage one??? | Harley Davidson Forums

stage one???

mnstreetglide

i recently purchased a 2010 street glide with a 2 into 1 stock exhaust system. its too quiet for me!! would i get more performance out of a dual exhaust or just add a slip on muffler to my stock?

I would go for more air in first, and then see how 'ya like it. I have an Arlen Ness Big Sucker. Harley has the SE Stage 1 kit. Others have their preferences :)

Just changing the exhaust is not going to give it more power. It is claimed that the 2-1 gives the best increase in performance, but to get the desired performance you would need to do a full stage 1, which is the exhaust hi-flow intake, and fuel processor. In my opinion, the dual exhaust LOOKS better but does not outperform the 2-1 system. For sound only, either system will improve on the stock sound.

thanks for the info! yes i am also doing a new airfilter kit SE most likely and remapping the FI with the new exhaust. Looking for Performance and sound! forgive my ignorance, but i am new to the harley family. a month ago i was dumb founded when the salesman told me it had a "stage 1" done to it! i have learned alot this past month. People have recommended the stage one but the "exhaust" choices is overwhelming. I'm pretty much set on the SE air filter, its the exhaust that i'm having questions with. Do i put muffler on my 2 to 1 system? get a 2 to 2 with mufflers? lose the catylitic??etc
I'm not here to impress someone down the 1/4 mile, just a little more power and like they say "loud pipes save lives"

Definitely stice w/SE breather & look into D&D FatCat exhaust (2-1, but no cat). Will give you plenty of low power & then add the tuner so you can dial everything in for the performance edge. Good Luck!

Back