free website stats program Stage One upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage One upgrade

bubbavalk

Hi I am new to the forum and need some ideas/help regarding my 2011 Road King. Just had a stage one air cleaner and Super Tuner installed. So now that I'm bringing more air in I know I need to go with a freer flowing exhaust. Do I go with slip on mufflers or complete exhaust. Would like to kick up the sound a bit but don't want to wake the neighbors either. Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum..:)..What I would do before you spend cash is go to the Dealer and ask to listen to diferent bikes with slip ons...I had rush that sounded good and were not to loud.....Steve beat me to it:)

I agree, you may find out that you like the look of a full exhaust system. Plus now they make them with a quiet baffle, or a louder standard baffle.

I did the same thing to my 2011 Ultra Limited. I went with the Rush 2 inch reverse slash. I now have almost 2,000 miles on. At first I thought they were super loud. Now, I feel they sound exactly how I wanted it to. Completely happy with the bike and the mufflers.

Sledboy, I have the Rush 1.75 baffle's and think they are to quiet, do the 2" bark nicely. You said super loud how much would that be over stock? Thank's Tim

Hi I am new to the forum and need some ideas/help regarding my 2011 Road King. Just had a stage one air cleaner and Super Tuner installed. So now that I'm bringing more air in I know I need to go with a freer flowing exhaust. Do I go with slip on mufflers or complete exhaust. Would like to kick up the sound a bit but don't want to wake the neighbors either. Any ideas or advice greatly appreciated.

I kept the cross-under pipe and went with V&H slip-ons... Both the big hole size. Not the small hole echo chamber one on left... ?? 350$/400$

I have a Nice Rumble and it isn't too loud.. I have had plenty of Loud exhaust, some too loud, but this Deep rumble is very nice on MY 09 Road King..

signed....BUBBIE

Sledboy, I have the Rush 1.75 baffle's and think they are to quiet, do the 2" bark nicely. You said super loud how much would that be over stock? Thank's Tim

Well, you have to understand, I was coming off of a Yamaha. I had ridden Yamaha for 31 years before making the leap. Yes, the 2" bark nicely when getting on it, but then settle down once up to speed. It has a nice, deep sound from idle on. We have received a lot of positive comments from others in our club about how my bike sounds. I would say these are legal, but not by much.

Back