free website stats program stage one download? | Harley Davidson Forums

stage one download?

hotrodjohn

I just hot an 11 ultra. I have the seven year warranty on it and I really don't want to do anything to jepardise that coverage. I want some slip ons and a fueler like the tfi I had in my road king but I know Harley kind of frowns on that. I don't want a warrany claim turned down because of some stupid technacality. My question is what exactly does the stage one download do? I know its a rip off but I just want to comply with the esp warrany. Does the download increase fuel enrichment? I thought I had heard that it mostly takes out timing which dosent make a lot if sense to me.
WAP.gif

They cannot void the warranty with your additions because the dealers do these mods every day too. If what you add does any damage to a part of the bike, just that part will not be covered. Lean can damage a bike but with a richer mixture, it will run cooler and better.

The dealer download only richens the mixture back to EPA standards and no more. The TFI is adjustable to where it should be and you can remove the TFI without a trace should you need any warranty work.:s

I thought I had heard that it mostly takes out timing which dosent make a lot if sense to me.

It doesn't do anything that I can see with ignition timing. Heavily advance ignition timing reduces emissions so I would not expect to see them backing off on the advance. Actually, if it was not for the Ion knock retard subsystem, these engines could never take the advance that is already programmed into the map. Numbers like 41*, 43*, and 45* degrees of spark advance are in there.

When you realize that the Delphi firmware actually limits the advance to 45* and no more, it begins to sink in.

Glider's reply says it all. That's what I would do. TFI all the way.

I think I asked you this but I was not sure, will the TFI with a stage 1 with stock pipes do any damage to my bike over time, I want to keep the stock pipes.

Still no problem. The only difference with or without the stage 1 download are the TFI settings are a bit different.

Back