free website stats program Stage One Complete on my EG Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage One Complete on my EG Classic

sstoots

Just picked the 'Glide' up yesterday. I had 2" Rush slip-ons, a Power Commander, and Arlen Hess Big Sucker breather installed. Total out the door price was $1080. Only an hour of labor which surprised me (reaffirmed my decision not to do the work myself). The bike is noticeably louder(but not citation loud), more powerful, and quicker off the line. Its too cool here in the Tampa Bay area to know if the bike will run cooler, but that was a major motivation to have the Stage One done. I expect my gas mileage will improve as well. Highly recommend this for any stock Harley, but especially a Touring bike that might have a passenger from time to time.

I had......... a Power Commander.....installed. I expect my gas mileage will improve as well.

Don't be surprised if it gets worse. Everyone that I know that has a power commander fuel mileage drops. I think that they are probably set a little rich.

Most likely mileage will drop. When I did mine It dropped from 43 mpg to 36. The nice thing with the PCV is that you can add a switch and run 2 maps, one for power and cooler running and one for better mileage. The difference in power and fuel mileage is definately noticeable.

thanks for resetting my expectation around MPG. Took a spin this evening and really enjoyed the sound and improved power.

You will enjoy the upgrade. I had the big sucker and the rush pipes in the 2". I lost a bit on the fuel but like everyone here said you are adding fuel to the bike. My scoot went down to around 36mpg but all said and done I love the change.

Back