free website stats program stage 3 dyno | Harley Davidson Forums

stage 3 dyno

flyin64

i have a 98 fxdl with screamin eagle stage 3 upgrades.

are there risks in gettin a dyno run - i am a new hd owner

cheers mates

i have a 98 fxdl with screamin eagle stage 3 upgrades.

are there risks in gettin a dyno run - i am a new hd owner

cheers mates
None what so ever, the dyno is easier on the engine then the street, it's a great tool, but like any tool, it is only as good as the person using it is. Most people freak when they hear the rpm's because they don't understand how the dyno works, but it is ran under totally control conditions, and I have taken brand new scoots off the show room floor and broke them in on the dyno and got better ring seat then you ever could on the street, in ten years of running bikes on dyno's, only had one bike that had a problem and that was a valve hitting a piston becaure the shop that just done the cams & pistons never clayed the valve to piston clearance like any good tech would have, it did not show up riding the bike from 140 miles away, it happen at about 5800 rpm's, everything is on record when you run a bike on the dyno, rpm's, engine temp, no one can dispute anything, it was a good thing, not bad, it's better to happen at a shop then in the middle of no place, plus the owner had it picked up by the shop that did the work and they redone the job correctly at no charge, if the owner had the bike for 3 months and it happen out in the middle of the desert on him, well, you know what the shop would have said then.

Back