free website stats program Stage 2, upper or lower torque | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 2, upper or lower torque

Gary Gonnella

Hi, I am new to this forum and need advice. I am a year round rider and have a chance to get stage 2 put on my bike at a reasonable price. However, I do not know if I want the cams that give me torque at lower rpm or higher. I do a lot of long distance riding and am leaning towards the higher end but really know nothing. This is what I read just a few minutes ago.
What does a Stage 2 kit do for a Harley?
The Stage 2 Harley-Davidson® upgrade involves a cam change. We can provide a stage 2 torque kit that gives you a significant improvement when you're passing or accelerating by targeting lower RPM performance. Or, a stage 2 power kit upgrade increases your rev limit to 6400 RPM for increased mid-range horsepower.
Any thoughts? 2020 Limited Ultra, 24,000 + miles

Welcome from Wisconsin.The stage 2 torque cam will be most usefull to the average rider.The horsepower cam is good for drag racing.I had the torque cam on a 2017 FLHTK and loved the low end boost to torque.

You will ALLWAYS appreciate extra low end torque and you will feel the difference every time you ride. Most people seldom spend any time at the upper rpms'.

Yeah, it's rare you get RPM that high. It it's just a rev limit boost, I wouldn't fool with it myself. Torque is where the fun is at.

Probably too late for you; but: any builder or shop worth their weight ( or reputation) should ask you the question:” Where do you ride?”
And the answer would probably be between 2000 and 4000 rpm.
Meaning NOT top end. Otherwise WHY would you buy a Harley?
Surely you want bottom end to mid range torque. Or, them Ducati’s must be somewhat appealing to you.
Harley D’s are about cruising- not revving their Big Ends off!
They are all about low end torque.
If you want more then buy something else.
Like a very powerful Japanese bike.

Back