free website stats program Stage 1V Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1V Kit

Mike B

So..in short I have a 2008 Ultra Classic Electra Glide and I want more gusto. I'll be riding from NH to Sturgis for the ralley in 09. The dealer, from whom I purchased the bike from, is running a special deal which includes the following Screaming Eagle Parts & Labor; 3-7/8" Diameter Cylinders, 10: 5: 1 High Compression Pistons, SE260 High Lift Cams, S.E. High Performance//High Flow Heads, 58MM Throttole Body with Large Injectors, EFI Super Tuner and Perfect Fit Pushrods and Gaskets for the price of $3,500.00 Any thoughts out there?

My thoughts are to do a stage 1 and leave it alone. These new motors aren't going to stand up to mods for more power very well. The stock cranks have been having problems so adding more power to the engine with the stock crank is asking for trouble IMO.

Do a search on the forum and read the different comments on the 96 motors.

My thoughts are to do a stage 1 and leave it alone. These new motors aren't going to stand up to mods for more power very well. The stock cranks have been having problems so adding more power to the engine with the stock crank is asking for trouble IMO.

+1

Think of all the other goodies you could get if you just do a high quality Stage One for around $1,000 and then have $2,500 left over!

+1

Think of all the other goodies you could get if you just do a high quality Stage One for around $1,000 and then have $2,500 left over!

You could use the extra money for an extended warranty for when (if) that 96 goes POOF! Or the tranny or........ :D

Forgive me if I am wrong, but isn't Stage IV basically a NEW engine with no remains of the HD engine except the visual appearance...it might have fins but that is all as the design limits of the air-cooled inherently unbalanced HD engine w/ even balancing shafts is exceeded? :newsmile026:

Last edited:
Man, I'm so dumb I thought he was asking about a Stage "One Vee" instead of a Stage "Four". Must have fallen asleep when we covered those darn Roman numerals in grade school.

Could also mean InVerted, ya know like the dealers do to you when you go into the parts department?

They invert you and shake all the $$$$ out of your pockets.:D

Back