free website stats program Stage 1 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1

bopper03

Hello, newbie here,

Purchased a 2003 Roadking Classic that has a 2 into 1 Thunderheader exhaust on it already, no other engine mods, fuel injected. What is recommended to complete stage 1 modifications. The choices & makes are many and somewhat confusing as I have not done this before.

Thanks for your help.

Generally a low restriction intake with a K&N filter and some sort of fuel enrichment will get you there.

Many choices but the stage 1 intake from the dealer with a swapped K&N filter instead of their paper one will do a good job.

Fuel enhancement, you can look here for some ideas depending on the size of your wallet and what you plan on doing to the motor down the road.

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

Glider what would you recommend to put a 2008 Fat Bob 96 Dyna into a Stage One?
Pipes? Air Cleaner? Your answer would be greatly appreciated. I know you can't have both Sound and Performance. But get me as close as you can.

Something on the order of a TFI for fuel, SE stage 1 from the dealer with a K&N upgrade on the filter and cycle shack slip ons.

Glider, thanks for the reply. Stage 1 is as far as I'm going with this motor, so I'm thinking the TFI would be a good choice for fuel management, and the Screaming Eagle stage 1 kit from HD for air intake.

Thanks Glider and I'm with bopper03. I'm stopping at Stage One and don't want to take any short cuts. I'd like to set it up the best I can with whats available and then just ride. Thanks for all your advise.

Hi guys, I'm relativley new to the harley scene and started upgrading already to true duals and a big sucker air cleaner and a PC. But in looking at PC maps each map also differs by ECU.....being stock, Stage 1 ,etc.
So here is my question: What is the difference between a stock and Stage 1 ECU. And is this just a dealer thing?
Thanks
Pistol

Just recently purchased a 09' Electra Glide Classic with hunting season here haven't put many miles on the bike yet 540 mi. Today I purchased HD race tuner, stage 1 air cleaner, and ordered Rhinehart slip-ons. Going to keep the stock headers for now. Can't wait to get the stuff installed. Anybody have any feedback on the stock headers with these upgrades?

Back