free website stats program stage 1 with slip on's be honest | Harley Davidson Forums

stage 1 with slip on's be honest

HOLY DIVER

be honest with me guys if my thinking is correct or not.i'm thinking slip on mufflers with a heavy breather and tuner will give me more torque in the mid range where i ride than a set of pipes like oh say vance and hines big shots long.
i don't get caught up in H.P. give me torque!

p.s. this stage 1 is going on my 2014 Fatboy

be honest with me guys if my thinking is correct or not.i'm thinking slip on mufflers with a heavy breather and tuner will give me more torque in the mid range where i ride than a set of pipes like oh say vance and hines big shots long.
i don't get caught up in H.P. give me torque!

p.s. this stage 1 is going on my 2014 Fatboy

Short answer is yes but the system will not be optimized. I would go farther and replace the head pipe with a "catless" head pipe, in other words, replace the complete exhaust system. Add the heavy breather, fuel management and tune and the answer is yes.

Where might I find a set of head pipes that will fit that are Cat free?
WAP.gif

Yes - eBay has catted head pipes.
I've done all that with a Fuel Moto Micro tuner and have amazing results.

Where might I find a set of head pipes that will fit that are Cat free?

Holy Diver,
My bad, I missed that your bike is a softail and not a touring model; I just missed the last part of your post.

The cats are in the mufflers on the softails, not the head pipes as in the touring models. So, you are correct in your thinking that replacing the OEM mufflers with aftermarket slipons will improve low and midrange torque. However, the system will still not perform as well as it would with a 2:1 exhaust as the stickupkid has done or as well as it would with one of the aftermarket 2:2 systems like the V&H systems with the "power chamber" that optimizes exhaust scavenging. So, you have three options; good, better and best for optimizing low end and mid range power:

1. Good = replace mufflers with hi flow catless slipons.
2. Better = replace complete exhaust system with 2:2 like V&H, Rinehart, etc. that utilize the "power chamber".
3. Best = replace complete exhaust system with 2:1 like V&H Propipe,
Bassani Road Rage II, D&D Fatcat, etc.

Sorry I missed the Fatboy application in your OP; my bad.:(

Think I'm going with mufflers mainly because I love that Harley rumble but still would like to hear myself think lol get my drift. Going with the FP3 tuner that thing is getting some awesome reviews
I used the TFI on my last efi Harley it works well as advertised but pulling the tank to get to the injectors was no fun at all don't want to go through that again if I can get around it
WAP.gif

I used the TFI on my last efi Harley it works well as advertised but pulling the tank to get to the injectors was no fun at all don't want to go through that again if I can get around it

WAP.gif

I pulled my gas tank off this weekend to re-install a TFI. Took 10 minutes. Remove seat, remove fuel line after purging the line, removed 4 bolts. No problemo. I left all the connections hooked up and just swung the tank out of the way and set it on a table while making the connections to the injectors. Not sure about your bike, but mine was a very easy job.

Back