free website stats program Stage 1 pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 pipes

lowrider1963

I want to install a set of HD stage 1 pipes on my FXDC along with the air cleaner. Can I install these myself without having to make any 'tuning' adjustments, or do I need the dealership to install?

I consider my TFI to be the second best purchase I have made for my bike. The first being the HD service manual. The difference is obvious the first time you start it with the TFI, and gets better when you ride it.:)

I consider my TFI to be the second best purchase I have made for my bike. The first being the HD service manual. The difference is obvious the first time you start it with the TFI, and gets better when you ride it.:)

+1 on the TFI for stage 1. For anything more than stage one, use a different tuner.

If you are going with some freer flowing pipes, you might want to also consider a change in your air cleaner if you haven't already done so, and the finances allow. Those two changes, coupled with the TFI as the guys have said above, will make a big difference to how the bike feels. The advantage to the TFI over a Dealership download, is that if you choose to do the AC later just because of financial considerations, you will be able to readjust then. Even if you do everything at the same time, the TFI gives you the ability to "tweak" the fuel delivery so that the engine runs like YOU want it to.

TQ

Back