free website stats program Stage 1 K&N Mounting Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 K&N Mounting Question

mcooper101

i have a 06 ultra with v&h true duals, v&h fuel pak(which i hate) and a kn hi flow set-up(rk3909). my issue is the for the 2d time i am having oil weep out of the rear breather onto the upper 3 head fins. i have read and reread the mounting instructions and donot understand why you install a washer in between the head surface and the oring then the mounting bracket. i believe this is the area of the leak and am wondering if the right approach is to eliminate the washer and try the oring direct to the head. just curious if anyone else has had this issue and the solve. thanks.

=================================================

moderator note: moved this post out of the Self Help section to generate more exposure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a little clear silicone in that area...just a dab.
The manufacture may add washer for square contact so no stress,,, flatness up against throttle body .

Step #13 of the instructions; "Due to manufacturing tolerances, it may be necessary to use one or two of the provided spacers so the base plate seats properly on the throttle body and cylinder heads". So yes, you may not need the washer. Also check that the passage for oil mist/gas is clear all the way to the venturi on the rear cylinder. A tiny dab of silicon won't hurt either.

thank you gents for the info and will pull it apart this weekend and see what the deal is. enjoy the long weekend. peace.

Back