free website stats program Stage 1 dealer story | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 dealer story

Mavagrand

Called my local dealer asking about a stage 1 kit for my bike. I already have a TFI, only got a couple of mos left on my warranty so am going to install stage 1 and SE II slips ons. The guy told me it was a requirement that I buy the SERT as part of the stage 1. Said all EFI bikes have to have the SERT. I told him I already had a fuel management system and didn't want a SERT. He then STRESSED to me it was required with EFI bikes. Jeeez, told him forget it, I'll get my stage 1 kit from someone else..THEN he changed his story..."youalready have fuel management, ohhh, I didn't hear that, then the stage 1 is 139.00. Kinda disappointed as this dealership as always done me right in the past. thanx for listin'.

Poor business IMO. The dealers seen to think that nobody knows anything but they are wrong there.:s

Good for you standing up to them.

I had my dealer Stage 1 my FatBob and when I went in to get a price, they had catalogs giving me the option on Fuel mfg, pipes and A/C. They explained each and every turner available and which one they thought was best for my bike. They ordered all the parts I picked out. I went with the Power Commander. Not the most expensive, but not the cheapest either. I just had my dealer do the 5000 mile service, I supplied the oil, and they did the rest. Total 139.00. I thought that was fair. My thought on dealerships is that during the summer months, people are in and out and sales are going good. During the non-riding months, they (the salepeople) need to make a sale to make up for last week so they push what they want to sell. I found out what I needed on this site before I went to Stage 1. Thanks to all for the great info.

Two stories Mavagrand & DDogg...different dealers, different results...do your business with a dealer who is supportive and wants to "make the sale" with your interests in mind...the uncooperative HD dealers will fade in the noise if they continue. :s

Back