free website stats program St. Louis to Columbus, Ohio | Harley Davidson Forums

St. Louis to Columbus, Ohio

TDeWalt

I'm looking for two good routes; one north of 70 and one south of 70. I figure that 50 straight thru will be my southern route, but can't decide on the northern route. I'm looking to stay around the 500 mile mark both routes and have a 1 1/2 days each way. Any suggstions for lodging mid point on either route would be great also.

I'm looking for two good routes; one north of 70 and one south of 70. I figure that 50 straight thru will be my southern route, but can't decide on the northern route. I'm looking to stay around the 500 mile mark both routes and have a 1 1/2 days each way. Any suggstions for lodging mid point on either route would be great also.

50 would fine for an east route.
We were in Ohio all last week. They have a lot of good roads there, wish i could say the same for Indiana. I'd recommend 36 west out of Columbus Ohio to 3 in Ind. Then south on 3 to 46, and west on 46 to Terre Haute. 46 goes through Brown County State park between Columbus In, and Bloomington In. Also in mid Brown County is Little Nashville. Nice place to stop and a lot of little shops the women love, but maybe no women along, you didn't say. Anyway northern half of Indiana pretty flat and straight and, to me, boring. I'd stay south of Indy. Illinois your on your own, pretty flat there as well.
Ride safe and enjoy. :rider
- dorr

Back