free website stats program Squeal after tire change | Harley Davidson Forums

Squeal after tire change

tcharles

I had my rear tire replaced on my 2007 softail standard at the local harley shop. when I left I had a squeal coming from the back of my bike,when I put a little pressure on the rear brake pedal the noise stops. I took it back to the dealer and he said alot of bikes do that not to worry. Any suggestions?

Belt adjustment can cause some noises after the wheel has been removed and replaced. Let them check it out because regardless of what they say, It shouldn't be making any noises.

Your fortunate, a friend of mine had the rear tire changed and heading back home the bearings froze to the rear axel. Service tech had left out the spacer when he put the new bearings in. Bike got pretty squirrley before he got it stopped. Dealer had to spring for a new rear wheel, and a loner bike. They should not make noise!!!

I had my rear tire replaced on my 2007 softail standard at the local harley shop. when I left I had a squeal coming from the back of my bike,when I put a little pressure on the rear brake pedal the noise stops. I took it back to the dealer and he said alot of bikes do that not to worry. Any suggestions?

Of course they always say that, take it back and let them fix it right it wasnt noisey before Right?

Back