free website stats program Springer Squeak | Harley Davidson Forums

Springer Squeak

jbhunter

On my 05 softail springer if you hold the front break an compress the front end it will squeak. It had it's 5,000 mile service about 200 miles ago and when I got it back it was quite. It used to do it before the service. It started making the noise after a good washing leading me to believe that I washed some lube off. I looked inside the springs on top and there is a rubber bushing over a shaft that seems to be the source of the problem. I sprayed a little pb blaster on it and cred the problem. Just wondering if there is something better to lube it with.

On my 05 softail springer if you hold the front break an compress the front end it will squeak. It had it's 5,000 mile service about 200 miles ago and when I got it back it was quite. It used to do it before the service. It started making the noise after a good washing leading me to believe that I washed some lube off. I looked inside the springs on top and there is a rubber bushing over a shaft that seems to be the source of the problem. I sprayed a little pb blaster on it and cred the problem. Just wondering if there is something better to lube it with.

Try some spray silicone, believe it or not but dish soap works on rubber and poly bushings also

Back