free website stats program spinning my wheels and head | Harley Davidson Forums

spinning my wheels and head

deerslinger

hi everyone from mmmmmminnesota(45 degrees here now) just got my appendix out over the weekend(at age 48) to old for this sheet,anyways while i am sitting here wishin i was riding ....was looking ,reading forums , generally reading every bit of info i can find as far as pipes and remapping ect for my 2007 wide glide.near as i can tell so far is that slip ons are the easiest and least expensive and v&h big radius 2 into 1 are the best performance and most costly and that somewhere in the middle ,if you want the loudness you have to give up some midrange(straight pipes).i want it all!!! whats the best deal?will sit back and take another pain pill and see what shows up! :p

Last edited:
2 into 1 is the best choice for performance and straight pipes are the worst. Some where inbetween with slipons and a proper tune will get you most of what's available from the motor. Exhaust is a very subjective area and it's what you want that counts.

a 2-1 is best for performance but is not to everyones tastes in the looks and sound imagine a sound more akin to a flat 6 porsche mixed with turbo Subaru and you get close to a 2-1 pipes sound.
I have to disagree with you on that one Hobbit .I put 2/1 D&D Fat cats on my 07 NT .I got Flamed by alot of ppl that I ride with about my choice .They said didn't look right and said the the sound would be comparably less than theres(V&H ) .I bought them any way they were installed on initial purchase of my bike.Not only do they look good .They are quite a bit louder than there bikes(fatboy/w longshots &fatboy/with older SE's ) and they sound Beefy throaty especially when I hit it.

Attachments

• Picture066.jpg
    Picture066.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 15
well i think i made up my mind, i am going with v&h big radius,2into2 with the fuelpak and a k-n air filter.what do ya think?

Last edited:
i will post a pic when i gettr done! 39 degress here this morning, going to have to drag out the woolys pretty soon!

well i think i made up my mind, i am going with v&h big radius,2into2 with the fuelpak and a k-n air filter.what do ya think?

Here's my thoughts. While the V&H fuel pac works with their parts, if you change anything (such as an intake from V&H) the settings change and their tech support is the pits for this.

I like the TFI better for it's support and ease of adjustment. Much more user friendly too. It will work with any combination of parts, the exception being a big inch engine that has many upgrades.

http://www.dobeckperformance.com/

thanks for the info glider, i will be checkin that out, i have read that the fuelpak isnt nreally the best choice,this forum is really great! have a great day all!

Back