free website stats program Speedometer sensor | Harley Davidson Forums

Speedometer sensor

marknett

i have a 96 1200c sportster .Was on a ride with friends and the speedo quit working. it still lights up and displays mileage but the mileage doesn't change
neither does the odometer . I know where the connector is under the seat and all seems fine. where is the actual sensor

i have a 96 1200c sportster .Was on a ride with friends and the speedo quit working. it still lights up and displays mileage but the mileage doesn't change
neither does the odometer . I know where the connector is under the seat and all seems fine. where is the actual sensor

If it is electronic look on top of the tranny, if it is any thing like a big twin you can popo it out and clean off the metal debris and it may strat to work again. My 02 Dyna would falsely register about - 20 mph I had to clean it off several times, finally I changed lube to REAL tranny gear oil and NO more problems. On yours you should be running formula plus. My 2 cents Post what you find and Good Luck

yea , it's on top of the tranny by the starter . It's got allen heads holding it on . gonna be fun to get to

Back