free website stats program SPEEDO stopped working | Harley Davidson Forums

SPEEDO stopped working

LUCKY-13

1st off I am new to the Harley forum world. I have been riding for 10 years now with a small break to recoup from a near fatal accident.

My speedo stopped working on me. When I hit a good size bump or pothole in the road, the needle will bounce up and work for a second or 3 then it is back to not working. The odometer also doesn't work. Is it the pick up in the tranny that needs to be replaced or a problem with the gears in the tranny? Any and help much appreciated and hopefully b4 July 23rd as I will be riding to VT for the weekend.

Ultra I actually pulled the pick up last night and it looked clean, you could see scrap marks on the ball, so I know it is touching inside. I may just try replacing the pick up and see if that takes care of it.

THANK YOU for the quick response, it is much appreciated.

Sorry the end that is in the tranny on the pick up is rounded and when I pulled the pick up you can see a rub line on it. Which is why I said ball, im at work so im trying to type as quick as possible to not get caught on here.

I actually believe I pulled the wrong one sensor, I did pull the nuetral switch. ARRGGGHHHHHH this thing is driveing me crazy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back