free website stats program speedo fault on 07 fxstc? | Harley Davidson Forums

speedo fault on 07 fxstc?

garyp

Hi, just been for a spin on my 07 fxstc and noticed the speedo isnt working. Anyone out there tell me where the pickup is or if maybe this could be a common fault, my bikes done 26000 miles of faultless miles and still runs ok, but have noticed the revs dying a couple of times but restarts perfectly- could this be linked?. Any help or advice appreciated.

Have you checked for fault codes? Check the self help section to see how to pull them up.

Yes Ive checked for fault codes but nothing. Having checked for any codes I used the bike again with no problems and the speedo worked ok. I did remove the speedo housing and check connections but were all ok. Just wondered if it could be a pickup problem.Thank for the reply.

It may have been when you checked connections you stumbled across the culprite without realising it... I hope so.

Yes, none was showing. Apparently it could be the speed control sensor on the rear of the gearbox. I"m going to remove it and clean it,although the box oil has been changed four times with genuine formula +, so should not have too much swarfe buildup. Thanks for your replys

Back