free website stats program spectro primary oil | Harley Davidson Forums

spectro primary oil

been using amsoil 10w40 was thinking about going with spectro(not synthetic)heavy duty primary oil ,all ready run 75/140 6 speed syn in trans, any thoughts? also anyone know what weight the spectro primary oil is? dont say on bottle.

been using amsoil 10w40 was thinking about going with spectro(not synthetic)heavy duty primary oil ,all ready run 75/140 6 speed syn in trans, any thoughts? also anyone know what weight the spectro primary oil is? dont say on bottle.

I have been running Spectro Heavy Duty Primary fluid in my '03 Ultra for a number of years. I like the Spectro product for this application, and the GL-5 6-spd tranny lube there. I use Mobil 1 VTwin 20W50 in the engine. Seems to be a good combo of products, but I change out all the fluids at the same time every 3-4K miles. Overkill, but cheap insurance from my perspective. Info here:

Spectro Primary Tech Data

TQ

Last edited:
Yes & no...primary fluid's rated for your clutch + doubles as GO in Sportster case. For your touring bike regular motor oil's a tad light for clutch + GO's too heavy. Spectro 85W is specifically formulated for your clutch.

I put Spectro in the primary and my clutch would slip, went back to formula+ and no more slipage. Go figure? I use their sixspeed the the trans.

Spectro's primary is a 85W and that is a gear oil spec.

The oil IS NOT an engine oil so a gear oil spec must be used.

Back