free website stats program Spectro 6-Speed | Harley Davidson Forums

Spectro 6-Speed

90FXRS

Contributor
I'm a new fan of Spectro 6-speed tranny fluid. I was running Redline and after reading a few threads posted by Glider, I decided to try Spectro this time. SO MUCH smoother and quieter. BTW....it's in a 5-speed. The GL-5 fluid is not over-kill in a 5-speed. It makes it that much better.

Glider, thanks for the threads of wisdom.

I'm a new fan of Spectro 6-speed tranny fluid. I was running Redline and after reading a few threads posted by Glider, I decided to try Spectro this time. SO MUCH smoother and quieter. BTW....it's in a 5-speed. The GL-5 fluid is not over-kill in a 5-speed. It makes it that much better.

Glider, thanks for the threads of wisdom.

I'm glad you tried it and are happy with the results. Thanks for posting back after trying the Spectro.

I use Spectro GL5 in my 5 speed also. When we say it is over kill what we mean is the 5 speed did just fine on others lubes.

The 5 speed only requires GL1, the GL5 is "overkill" in the 5 speed because it contains additives that were meant for the different cut of the gears in a 6 speed trans which differ from the 5 speed.

I just switched over to Spectro 6 spd. and their Primary oil after my 1600km service. The difference was amazing! Very smooth shifting and dropping into neutral is a breeze. Huge improvement in the clutch as well. I'm going to try their full synthetic engine oil next.

The 5 speed only requires GL1, the GL5 is "overkill" in the 5 speed because it contains additives that were meant for the different cut of the gears in a 6 speed trans which differ from the 5 speed.

Is one better than the other for the 5 speed, or will they both work equally as well??? In other words, if I was changing out my tranny fluid, which would I be better off with, GL-1 or GL-5???

Is one better than the other for the 5 speed, or will they both work equally as well??? In other words, if I was changing out my tranny fluid, which would I be better off with, GL-1 or GL-5???

GL1 is all that is needed for the 5 speed.

Maybe I'll just split the difference and go with GL-3 :D

While the GL5 WILL work in a 5 speed, it isn't necessary. As posted above the GL5 is for the helical cut gears in the 6 speeds and not necessary in a 5 speed even thou it will work too.

The bottle says it's for helical and straight-cut gears. Isn't the 6-speed helical and the 5-speed straight-cut?

Back