free website stats program Specs - Clearance between Bag and Pipes | Harley Davidson Forums

Specs - Clearance between Bag and Pipes

I noticed the other day when cleaning my bike that I only have an 2 inch clearance between my softail heritage bag and my pipes (stacked) on the right side.

Is this to specification or oversight? I have seen other bikes like mine that have a 4 inch clearance, just wondering.

i could warm beer in my bags on the Heritage:cheers if memory serves i had about 2" between the top pipe and the bag bottom and when i went true duals i had about 5"

Hobbit, got a riding buddy with a Heritage and we were talking about how true duals would look on the bike. Do you have a pic of the bike with the duals?

I have a '91 Dyna that has HD bags on it. Originally, the backing on the bags was a thick plastic. Clearance above the top pipe was maybe 2". Over time, the heat distorted the plastic into almost an "S" shape looked at from the end. Finally had the backing replaced with a sheet of 1/4" aluminium sandwiched between leather. That is NOT gonna buckle!!

TQ

Back