free website stats program Special edition for Harley drivers | Harley Davidson Forums

Special edition for Harley drivers

must be HD Orange and Black The Hd racing colors
Must have multable torx bits and Phillips bit to fit seat mounting screw.
Must have bit to fit all side covers
Must have torque settings from 5 inch pounds to 120 inch pounds. + or - 1%
Must have a battery that will last 6 month is a saddle bag
Has to have bar and shield log on it
All parts not painted must be chrome except on the special order blacked out one.
The special order Black one will have chrome attachments that can be ordered.
The standard chrome version will have blacked out parts you can buy.
It must come with a small bottle of syn3 to lube it.
It must be rechargeable on HD power socket or have attachment to hook to battery tend plug.
It must cost at least a 100 dollars or it aint worth buying .
IT should have a pouch on the side to hold small tubes of red,and blue loctite.
OH and you must offer a SE version with 20% more power and special paint.
And all fit in a nice cheap black cloth bag for storage with HD log on it.

Wow Top you sure have this covered. This should give him what he needed.

For a thesis I cant imagine this being a good choice.First understand that there are virtualy 0 nuts,bolts or screws I would ever recomend using a screw gun on for any Harley.

Now if you could find several areas of the bike with common torque values and come up with a cordless 3/8" impact having the capability to match those torque values..you'd realy have something.

Then Id narrow it down to Dewalt or Bosch.Makita just sounds far too much like Kawasaki for any real Harley wrench to consider.Bosch brings BMW and Ducati to mind so they're out.

Its gotta be Dewalt.They already have the D, you just need an H in front of it.They already have the yellow and black colors going on.Changing it to orange and black would only take a dash of red in there yellow to make that happen.

Still your chances of succes are small.You are dealing in a market where battery technology is evolving faster than the funtion of the tool.You are then trying to sell that new battery,flashy orange thing to a 40ish crowd.Unfortunatly most of us already have a garage full of yellow and black ones.

All parts not painted must be chrome except on the special order blacked out one.
It must be rechargeable on HD power socket or have attachment to hook to battery tend plug.

Smitty; you're an amazing guy. You've said exactly what I was going to say word for word; about the Black and Orange and Bar & Sheild anyway.

One of Smitty's best replies of all time! I'm still chuckling. :bigsmiley20:

Smitty was pretty through, and since most tools are made in China, the problem would be not to be "lost" in the crowd of aftermarket wholesale discount tool suppliers like Harbor Freight and others.

I like the way Cooper Tools divides up their tool divisions like "Crescent" or "Channel Lock" branding to retain the made in USA premise (promise), so I would try to work on a strategy to keep the made in USA "bent"...along with the made in USA feel the HD branding "implies". Are there good power tools with an American feel...Milwakee Tools would be a good pairing with HD offering...if your thesis includes your marketing strategy.

Philip,

Snap On makes an excellent cordless screwdriver. It is very compact and has excellent battery life.

It meets Smitty's requirement of over $100. I have only seen it in black and red though.

Here is a link.

CTS561, Screwdriver, Cordless, 7.2V

Maybe I should get an extra and keep it in my saddlebags.

Ride Safe!

Eric

Last edited:
I own the Snap-On CTS561. It's a great tool. They now have one with a clutch on it. If in the market for another, it would have the clutch on it. With that said, I would never be willing to pay additional money to have HD on the side. In fact, I am of the impression that "outside" branding on the side of anothers product seems to make the original product appear to be cheap.

Back