free website stats program Speakers and amp for ipod | Harley Davidson Forums

Speakers and amp for ipod

Mardayo

I have a 2002 FLHT, there is no radio or speakers in it. I would like to put speakers in it for my ipod and have been told that I need a amp to power the speakers. So what I'm looking for is a kit (if thats what I need) to make this happen. I have no plans to put a radio in, just want to use my ipod. Any ideas? Thanks

Well I think you may have trouble getting just an amp. Your best bet is to get a radio and then just use the AUX setting with your ipod plugged in. I use Hogtune speakers (eight of them) and love the sound they put out.

If you search for "Motorcycle stereo" in Ebay you will get plenty of hits for a Amp. Good searching - Bob

I looked around for the same thing but then ended up getting a radio with a USB port so I didn't have to haul the ipod around. Crutchfield has lots of stuff for good prices, I shopped locally and compared prices and got an Alpine IDA X200 with Polk Audio speakers for 300.00 them. The system sounds great and all I have to do is plug in my thumb drive and go.

I own a 2001 Electra Glide standard, I did found a amp on ebay that is small and has an input for your I-pod, it pushes 250w per channel.
Amp:$30, HD Speakers: $25, 32G I pod (knock off): $60
Total: $115
SOUNDS GREAT!!

I have a 2002 FLHT, there is no radio or speakers in it. I would like to put speakers in it for my ipod and have been told that I need a amp to power the speakers. So what I'm looking for is a kit (if thats what I need) to make this happen. I have no plans to put a radio in, just want to use my ipod. Any ideas? Thanks

Go to the HOGTUNES web site and chech out their handlebar system. I purchased the Matrix2 and installed it on my softail, great system.

i use the The UNiQ Cycle Sounds® Classic Edition™ speaker system for over one year and SOUNDS GREAT!!

Back