free website stats program Spark when i turn ignition of or press kill switch?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Spark when i turn ignition of or press kill switch??

krossroads

i have the spark plug out and every time i press the kill switch or turn the ignition off, the plug sparks. i bypassed the kill switch and it still did it. i bypassed the ignition and it still did it. anyone have any idea what this could be????

Welcome aboard from Canada. If you post in the Sporster thread you'll get your answers because not everyone reads the new member section.

Welcome to The Forum, do you have the plugs grounded when this happens? I would look at the run switch for a short and possible shorted ignition switch. Do you have power at the coil at all times?

i have the spark plug out and every time i press the kill switch or turn the ignition off, the plug sparks. i bypassed the kill switch and it still did it. i bypassed the ignition and it still did it. anyone have any idea what this could be????

But other than what you have observed with the spark, the bike runs fine with no problems or issues. The battery is not going dead or your not blowing fuses correct? Your just wondering why the spark jumps the gap when you hit the kill switch.

Back