free website stats program Spark Plug Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Spark Plug Question

a_myrv

If I use NGK Iridium (IUW22 I think) will this plug set a code from detonation or some other malfunction? I am fine using the Champion plug but I thought these NGK's might work better. But then I get into a lot of trouble thinking.

I will appreciate the forum's inpiut on this subject.

Alan

You will not gain any performance from a speciality spark plug unless you have a higher compression ratio engine. No sense in wasting your money. The main advantage of using platnium an iridium plugs is because they will last longer so if you use them in a car that is labour intensive to r/r the plugs these plugs will last longer and cost you less labour. Save your money and use the H/D plugs.
kemo

I agree with above statements, plugs make no difference in the electronic age. They may have in the old days, but not anymore. HD plugs work great and it is very easy to change plugs on a Harley.

Stick with the stock HD plugs, they are reasonably priced, and they work well. Why mess with something that works. The bikes do not like it. :newsmile055:

Thanks. Solves a question that has been bothering me a while.:bigsmiley11:
Most riders use the stock HD OEM plugs on their bikes. The spark event is so short and the RPM so low, the stock ignition and plug system works just fine without drama unless you have a very built up engine and compression. :)

Cant beat oem unless your building a beast and are racing it

Back