free website stats program Spare CPK Crank Sensor Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Spare CPK Crank Sensor Question

kc5gxc

I want to carry a spare CPK. Got an '04 Softail and an '05 Sportster. CPK # for Softail is 32707-01 and for Sportster is 32804-04B. If I buy just one sensor, would the softail sensor work for both? It has a longer lead and might work if they are the same electrically??? Would save me some bucks. Never had the softail one out, so am not sure about the depth of the probe, etc...
Thanks for any info on this.
Pete

I want to carry a spare CPK. Got an '04 Softail and an '05 Sportster. CPK # for Softail is 32707-01 and for Sportster is 32804-04B. If I buy just one sensor, would the softail sensor work for both? It has a longer lead and might work if they are the same electrically??? Would save me some bucks. Never had the softail one out, so am not sure about the depth of the probe, etc...
Thanks for any info on this.
Pete

Different motors and part numbers my guess is NO

Thanks, Jack. I wuz hoping they would interchange to save some $ on having a spare. Know the Softail one has a little hole in it and not so for the Sportster. Dunno what that means. Not sure if they are the same size, etc.....Just used my spare on the sportster (it was a sportster spare) Need to get another.
Thanks, Pete

Back