free website stats program Sound system for a non-touring bike. Help needed | Harley Davidson Forums

Sound system for a non-touring bike. Help needed

BlackG30

It has been some days looking for info to get a sound system for my 2007 Heritage. As I don't want to add anything under my seat or anywhere, I opted for ampli built-in speakers. Still considering between Uniq cycles, Hogtunes, Sound of chrome from kuryakyn, ... So many options, similar prices. But the things have gone even worse: the MoCo has launched (well, only available in Sept 2010) the Boom Audio system (Ref 76262-08). Well, strictly, it has the amplifier outside from the speakers, but it seems so tiny and easy to fit the frame down tubes. My doubts grow. Even HD does not declare the specifications of the system.

What should I do?
WAP.gif

Cyles Sounds are great. Amp is easy to mount and speakers are on the handlebars pointing right at you. A friend bought a system and I couldn't resist. It is run by my IPod. Very happy with it.

Do you have a detachable windshield? My local Harley Dealer has a nice looking audio system that attaches to a softail detachable windshield. Check out TwistedAudio3Kings.com. The waterproof AM/FM radio sounds great and also comes with Weatherband and Weather Alert. A windshield lock is also available.

Fairingless sound system like Cycle Sounds is pretty standard fare...but bulky and requires POWER to get past windblast noise at speed.

An alternative would be as below...

tn407s3.jpg

If you use earphones/buds, simple I pod or MP-3 player w/ RAM mount or similar on bar is clean...Blue Tooth wireless setup would be virtually invisible on the bike.

Fairingless sound system like Cycle Sounds is pretty standard fare...but bulky and requires POWER to get past windblast noise at speed.

An alternative would be as below...

tn407s3.jpg

If you use earphones/buds, simple I pod or MP-3 player w/ RAM mount or similar on bar is clean...Blue Tooth wireless setup would be virtually invisible on the bike.

I wouldnt consider the cycle sound system bulky. It comes with a small amp to power it up and I have to turn the system down many times even at highway speeds

Cycle sounds, HogTunes, Twisted systems, ... No opinions on Kuryakyn, Uniq Cycles or, particular Boom Audio from MoCo? I think I will wait for the inputs on the latter when it becomes available
WAP.gif

just pick up the hd system looking for the best place to pickup power for hte unit.does anyone know if you can use the switch on the narcelle that is not use currently not use on the 05 flhri.i really don't want to go all the way back to the battery

I have a Uniq cycles system with a Jensen radio on other bike, with the wind shield it is fine, but my wife on the back can not hear it very well

Back