free website stats program Solutions for Scratched Exhaust ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Solutions for Scratched Exhaust ?

OkieJohn

I bought my 06 FXDCI from the repo man. It seems the original owner layed it down softly but it did scratch the Vance and Hines Short Shots on the lower 1/4 of each pipe.I'm thinking about painting some sort of artistic design in the scratched areas. I'm open to any suggestions anyone may have on oyther solutions.

I'll try to post a pic later this week

you could wrap with that exhaust wrap. it would also cover any dings or dents.

You might try giving V&H a call and order new heat sheilds, shouldn't cost that much for heat sheilds.

I took a better look at my shields and the exhaust is the "Big Shot." As PorkChop suggested I called V&H and the price for new shields and tips is around $250. I know crome ain't cheap but that is rediculous.

Wrapping wont work but I'm still thinking about powder coating. And there is always gadzooks idea!

I took a better look at my shields and the exhaust is the "Big Shot." As PorkChop suggested I called V&H and the price for new shields and tips is around $250. I know crome ain't cheap but that is rediculous.

Wrapping wont work but I'm still thinking about powder coating. And there is always gadzooks idea!

Yea that is a little more than I thought it would be, not much more and you could get new pipes. Check out E-BAY, you can get just about anything there.

Back