free website stats program Solomon's Castle, Ona, Florida | Harley Davidson Forums

Solomon's Castle, Ona, Florida

Mavagrand

About 30 mins south of my house is a little town called Ona, Florida. That town has a cheesy tourist spot called Solomon's Castle. Apparently, some eccentric guy started modifying/adding on to his house and, over the years has turned it into a an aluminum clad medieval castle. Anyway, the place has a pretty decent restaurant and, since it is sunny and 63* here in Central Florida, we decided to head down there for lunch. Pulled up in the parking lot and spotted two Victory Visions. I've never seen two at one place so began talking to one of the riders. Wasn't disrespectful or condescending, just curious. As I was speaking with one, heard the other say to his friend that he would not drive a Harley 'cause parts fall off. I was shocked as things had been friendly till then. Anyway, I pointed that Harley owners "ride" their scoots and the parts that fall off are what were used to build a Victory. All three looked shocked and, as I was walking away, I heard the big mouth getting razzed by his buds. Turned out to be a good lunch.

Some people have attitudes about everything - good thing you didn't comment on his boots or haircut or who knows what else!

Wouldn't it be nice "--if we could all just get along?" Have to say I witnessed both sides of such conversations and plain and simple just went along until a "big mouth" would air his thoughts one could guess was sourced from his posterior. Only thing you can do is "laugh" it off with a good comeback...as you did and in a good way...everyone "won" that day. Thanks for sharing.

I was at "The Castle" about a year and a half ago, unique to say the least. Was the big iguana in the cage up front still there? Just in case anyone is interested in going there, it is seasonal, October until ??, I found out the hard way. I believe the road it is on is 661. I do remember that it is about 26 miles from I-75 to the road on SR64. Nice ride out there!!

I was at "The Castle" about a year and a half ago, unique to say the least. Was the big iguana in the cage up front still there? Just in case anyone is interested in going there, it is seasonal, October until ??, I found out the hard way. I believe the road it is on is 661. I do remember that it is about 26 miles from I-75 to the road on SR64. Nice ride out there!!

Didn't see an Iguana at all. Your right it is off Hwy 661 in Ona, Florida. The food was decent but overpriced. The castle itself can be summed up in one word..."cheesy". The ride to the place was much better. For those interested go to the below link for more info:

Your Page Title

Why am I never around when some like you, say's some thing like that:rofl my hats off to you sir.

Why am I never around when some like you, say's some thing like that:rofl my hats off to you sir.

Shucks, t'warn't nuthin!! There was a time it would have ended in a fight though, the man clearly meant it as an insult. In my younger days, it would have "been on". The older, wiser me exercised the better part of valor and, as a bonus, while his friends were razzing on him, wife and I got in the restaurant and grabbed a good table. They came in a little while later, wife laughed at the testosterone as each of them gave me the "head nod" when they walked by our table.

Back