free website stats program Solo seat bracket..pics? | Harley Davidson Forums

Solo seat bracket..pics?

01Deuce4Me

Does anyone have a pic of the bracket required to mount a solo seat? The one I am looking for would have a piece at the back that accepts the normal thumb bolt. I bought a used seat for my Deuce and it did not come with that bracket. The seat is a 2 piece that can be used as a solo and has a passenger pillion. Kinda like the Corbin Hollywood solo. I would just drill the fender and thread it for the bolt, but then the pillion would not work since it slips onto the "tongue" of the front solo..So, that has to be elevated above the fender a bit. Long story short, I am planning to get one made, but would like to see what it looks like if at all possible. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Does anyone have a pic of the bracket required to mount a solo seat? The one I am looking for would have a piece at the back that accepts the normal thumb bolt. I bought a used seat for my Deuce and it did not come with that bracket. The seat is a 2 piece that can be used as a solo and has a passenger pillion. Kinda like the Corbin Hollywood solo. I would just drill the fender and thread it for the bolt, but then the pillion would not work since it slips onto the "tongue" of the front solo..So, that has to be elevated above the fender a bit. Long story short, I am planning to get one made, but would like to see what it looks like if at all possible. Thanks to anyone that can help.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J03778.pdf

Unfortunately, that is not the setup I have. First of all my fender does not have a hole like that. I would drill it, but the seat requires that the back pillion slip onto the tongue from the solo seat..So I don't think that will work at all.
More bad luck is that I found out that the seat was made for the carb bike and not the FI version. The seat does not sit down where it should because it hits the FI module that is mounted on the fender..I knew the Deuce was an exception, but I didn't realize it was so much of an exception that you had to specify FI also...Geez.

Back