free website stats program Solar Trickle charger | Harley Davidson Forums

Solar Trickle charger

2008FLHTCUI

Greetings and thank you to the forum contributors. I've learned alot and it's an enjoyable forum. Here's my q:
Ran across the following:
dubya.dubya.dubya.goldengadgets.com/solar-power/12v-solar-panel-battery-charger.html"]12V Solar Panel Battery Charger

Thoughts? Concerns? Using solar in freezing environments? Tell me what you think and TIA.

I prefer a 'tender' over a charger. Also, I'm not patient enough to wait nearly 24 hours to to charge a battery. Per the site, "The 12V Solar Panel Battery Charger will require approximately 21-23 hrs in the sun to completely replenish 6 hours of battery use at 7 watts per hour."

Greetings and thank you to the forum contributors. I've learned alot and it's an enjoyable forum. Here's my q:
Ran across the following:
dubya.dubya.dubya.goldengadgets.com/solar-power/12v-solar-panel-battery-charger.html"]12V Solar Panel Battery Charger

Thoughts? Concerns? Using solar in freezing environments? Tell me what you think and TIA.

HMMM, going green?

If it's Sunny out, you should really be riding. What we really need is a battery charger that charges your battery when it rains. A Hydro-electric battery charger!

If it's Sunny out, you should really be riding. What we really need is a battery charger that charges your battery when it rains. A Hydro-electric battery charger!

Specially here in Florida where it rains almost daily:p

Actually sounds like a good idea, but since it does not have auto shutoff, I would go with the battery tender with it's intelligent design and having used one for so many years.

Looks like original price was $139.00 on sale for $69.00. I would doubt the benefits do not out weigh the cost. Especially when most bikes are parked in dark garages. Plus it is a charger. Like others have said you need a tender or maintainer to properly care for battery.

Ha-ha-ha....so who is going to build the dam.

Back