free website stats program Softail windshield on a streetbob? | Harley Davidson Forums

Softail windshield on a streetbob?

Bilgeslop

Just a random stroke of genius:small3d023: over my morning coffee:coffee. I traded in a 2001 Duece on an 09 Street Bob. I didn't have the windshield or saddlebags on the Duece when I traded it, so when I remembered it later, I just figured I would put them on ebay or something. But I just now got to thinking, will the windshield fit on the Bob with just new fork hardware? Or are the measurements so different overall that I would be forced to buy a new windshield? If this keeps bugging me, I'll go take some measurements after it stops raining, but I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

Off the cuff, I'd say no. The softail was a wideglide, the bob is a narrowglide. Quite a difference in width for the mounting brackets to be modified.

Just a random stroke of genius:small3d023: over my morning coffee:coffee. I traded in a 2001 Duece on an 09 Street Bob. I didn't have the windshield or saddlebags on the Duece when I traded it, so when I remembered it later, I just figured I would put them on ebay or something. But I just now got to thinking, will the windshield fit on the Bob with just new fork hardware? Or are the measurements so different overall that I would be forced to buy a new windshield? If this keeps bugging me, I'll go take some measurements after it stops raining, but I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

I don't think so, the S/B windshield clamps onto the upper fork tube not the tripple tree and the headlight is a lot smaller on the S/B, it wouldn't look right.:s

I have a w/shield on ebay from my '06 super glide. I know the hdlights are the same as yours but the fork tubes on yours are 41 or 39 mm. This w/shield went on a 49mm tube. Don't know if you can shim it or not. I'm attaching pics in case. Item # 120517458233. memphis shades slim model

Attachments

• wshield 001.jpg
    wshield 001.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 4
  • wshield 002.jpg
    wshield 002.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 4
I have a w/shield on ebay from my '06 super glide. I know the hdlights are the same as yours but the fork tubes on yours are 41 or 39 mm. This w/shield went on a 49mm tube. Don't know if you can shim it or not. I'm attaching pics in case. Item # 120517458233. memphis shades slim model

specs show the '09 streetbob as also having 49mm forks.

Back